Neck pain can interfere with everyday life, making common tasks more difficult and enjoyable tasks less fun. If you suffer from neck pain, seeing a chiropractor can help you get the treatment you need to feel better and avoid further injury. We offer a variety of all-natural, non-invasive treatments for patients suffering from neck injuries and chronic neck pain.
Some neck pain is fleeting and temporary, other types of neck pain are chronic and therefore ongoing. Our chiropractors help patients manage both types of pain. By using expert diagnostic tools and techniques, we help patients identify the source of their pain. Once we know what is causing the pain, we treat the problem at its source.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
• Poor posture. Poor posture can put pressure on the vertebrae, causing subluxations.
• Text neck. Text neck is a condition that occurs when the patient spends a lot of time looking down at mobile devices. Text neck can cause headaches and poor posture, which further exacerbates the problem.
• Whiplash. People often experience whiplash as the result of car accidents. Whiplash also causes headaches, insomnia, muscle stiffness and other problems.
• Auto Accident. Auto accident injuries can put strain on the muscles in the neck, causing discomfort.
How a Chiropractor Can Help Treat Neck Pain
As your chiropractor, we use a variety of different techniques to treat neck pain including:
- Spinal Adjestment. Spinal adjustment is a technique we use to relieve pressure on the spinal cord and eliminate subluxations. Spinal adjustment is the cornerstone of chiropractic care, and as such is used to treat all patients who come in with neck pain.
- Decompressiont Therapy. This works by gently stretching out the spine to relieve the pressure on the spinal discs.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach patients to do stretches and exercises to help them improve their range of motion and reduce muscle stiffness.