After a thorough consultation in our office with the chiropractor, you will have a complete chiropractic examination. The exam will include the testing your reflexes, your range of motion, as well as other standard orthopedic, neurologic, postural, and physical examinations. The chiropractor will gain valuable information regarding your condition for a better understanding of how chiropractic can specifically help you. If necessary, the chiropractor may ask for X-rays, MRI-scans or refer you for additional testing procedures.
After that, an examination with the iDXA-Scan follows.
- We examine the body with a Total Bodyscan (which is an exact measurement of the muscular tissue and body mass. These measurements are calculated for each part of the body)
- We take x-ray of the spine.
- If necessary, we will do an osteoporosis examination (bone-density examination).
After the iDXA scan, we measure how the nervous system functions with the Subluxation Scan. This examination consists of:
- A measurement of the amount of movement in all regions of the spine, the so called range of motion.
- A measurement of the heartbeat (by looking at the timing of your pulse), a measurement of the skin temperature and a measurement of the percentage of skin moisture. This examination is known as the heart rate variability. It is a type of stress test for your Nervous System.
- A measurement of the function of the nervous system and how it relates to all the organs within the body.
- A functional measurement of the muscles that support your spine.
- An algometry (pain mapping) measurement by taking specific pressure meausurements on the painful areas.
The results of all these examinations from the Subluxation Scan are analysed and the conclusion is put into a graph, which shows you how your nervous system functions.
The last thing we measure is your blood pressure.
During the second consultation you will get the results of all the examinations.